If you missed it, read an excerpt of Pastor Chris’ previous sermons…
For Children (5-12 years)
Children’s Church on Sundays
Upbeat on Wednesday Nights
For Youth & Young Adults (13+)
Share a meal and fellowship
every Wednesday Night
Sunday School: 9:45 am
Morning Worship: 11:00 am
Evening Worship: 6:00 pm
Youth: 6:30 pm
Upbeat: 7:00 pm
Prayer/Bible Study: 7:00 pm
“HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY!”
Proverbs 23:25 5/8/16
Today is Mother’s Day. It is a time for us to express our love, devotion and appreciation for our mothers. Many mothers have had to learn a lot of things the hard way. Mothers are sent home with a new born baby to feed, change, rock and get to sleep. Many dads try to help as much as they can, but sometimes we do not have the right equipment. Dads this baby is just as much yours as it is to the mom’s. It takes two to have a kid and it takes two to raise one too.
– Fathers and mothers should have joy.
– Children are a blessing and a pain all in the same 15 minutes.
– God can give you His true joy as a parent.
– Ps. 100:1-2
– Babies being born are a true miracle from God.
– Being born into a family is amazing.
– The delivery day is long awaited and exciting.
– Ps. 113:9
– Always tell your mom that you love her.
– Always show your mom that you love her.
– Always cherish your mom’s love for you.
– 1 Cor. 13:4-8a
* Have you told your mom that you love her? Have you thank God for your mom?
* Do you know Jesus personally?
“THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD”
There are a lot of things that draw our attention to them today. Some shiny things, some bright things and even things that say “sale” on them stop us in our tracks. Jesus is not the Light at the end of the tunnel; He is the Light for the tunnel! When Jesus comes into our lives by the power of the Holy Spirit, the Light of Jesus is in us. We are to shine His light everywhere we go to attract others to Jesus. Jesus is the Light and we have His light to share, shine and show others.
1) JESUS IS THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD.
– Jesus was speaking to them.
– Jesus told them He was the light of the world.
– Jesus was sent from God to the earth.
– Some told Jesus that His testimony was not valid.
2) WE SHOULD ALWAYS FOLLOW JESUS.
– Jesus told them to follow Him.
– Jesus told them if you follow Me you will not walk in darkness.
– Jesus is The Way, The Truth, and The Life…
– We must follow Jesus daily.
3) WE SHOULD STAY IN THE LIGHT OF JESUS.
– We should walk in His light.
– Jesus is the Light of life.
– Don’t walk in darkness, but in the Light.
– Everybody needs the light of Jesus.
* Are you shining your light of Jesus right now? Have you shined it and covered your light up? Matt. 5:16
* Do you know Jesus personally? Be a witness where ever you are!
Other Scripture references:
Philippians 4:13 & 19